Respect to the physical precision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect to the physical precision

Vray users will see dispersion or difraction in the future, even through LightCache> Progressive Path Tracing, or the Vray idea is exclusively focus on fast biased render engine?

It would be possible to get (cheat cool) dispersion and difracction through biased render?

Yes, basically i'm asking about possible future diffraction & dispersion effects in the future, biased or unbiased.

The truth, I don't understand why the dispersion is the "unbiased render image par excellence". Is not possible to assign to each photon of the caustic map a new attribute that would be a "random" value of the sight spectrum (380-760nm) and improve the algorithm for deviate photons more or less depending the color of the photon, besides the other parameters (geometry, ior...). Finally mixing all samples in screen mode?.

Yes I know, its easier write it in the forum than code it, I know it. But If I don't write it, I bust myself...
    Last edited by Reaversword; 30-03-2010, 08:06 AM.

Of course it is possible; it is already implemented for the internal builds of V-Ray for 3ds Max; it should get to the Maya builds at some point as well.

In the mean time, you can sort of fake it with three layered refractive materials for the red/green/blue components, with slightly different IORs.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Humm, Yes, I think I should do some test getting your idea. Thanks for the clue, vlado.

Comment

Working...
      X