Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon fiber and anistropy

Hello,

Has anyone experience with carbon fiber and/or anisotropy ?
    I'm trying to control all these parameters but I'm not very successful for now.
    Any help would be appreciated...

regards,
    www.mirage-cg.com

There was a thread about this kind of material for the Max version, maybe it can help you:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...Material-Query

Comment

thank's codi. here is an attempt so far, but it's not what i want. I'm used with the carbon fiber problem, and understand the principle, but i never got a real good material (with maxwell and fryrender).
      The problem is more that i still have to find the right way to make the maps and to understand what exactly do the different slots in anisotropy section of material.
      I would like to be able to have more control on the anisotropy "power" and maybe it's also a light setup problem...
      Attached Files
      www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

I think I am getting closer to a real look... but i have to test this mat on a flat surface. Also the specular highlight is not quite as it should be...
        Attached Files
        www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

looking pretty tight.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I had a good enough carbon fiber material a few years back, but lost the project.
            Basically, however, i was mapping the anisotropy direction as perpendicular (per square) with a checkerboard map.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
            X