About mesh light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About mesh light

When we have a mesh light, with its material assigned, we should hope that when we "turn off" the light leaving the lumens to 0 vray reveals the material assigned to the lighting mesh, like if mesh was "incandescent or radiance"? Because the real result is simply black, without any material revelation.

Is this the correct behaviour, or this is still for change?

It works as intended, yes.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Why? if a bulb doesn't emits any radiation (0 lumens), it reveal its aspect (VrayMaterials). Why do you want leave the mesh completly black overriding the material assigned?

Comment

Internally, the object is turned into a V-Ray mesh light and its material information is lost, since lights do not have their own materials.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok then. So if we want render a bulb turning off, we need use BlendMtl material with VrayLightMaterial in the Coat, and the white crystal like base material, right?

And respect the radiance (incandescence) itself... how if we need a correct radiance from the mesh?. Using two meshes, one with vray light mesh and another with blendMtl in the same place, will give us render errors for interpolation between two meshes. The system is designed for do it in two passes, and mix it in compositing?.

Comment

You can just use a standard VRayLightMtl with direct illumination turned off and animate the intensity. In that case you'll need to enable GI though.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
            X