vray fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray fog

is there a maya version of "mesh as gizmo" for vray fog currently? What about the ability to use a texture to modify the density?

Are you using the VRayEnvironmentFog ? Compared to the Max version, it uses only meshes as gizmos. You should first apply it as an environment volume and then use the Relationship editor to connect it to meshes in the scene. These will become its gizmos.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

There are maya gizmo equivalents... under Create>VolumePrimitives. They also come with a MayaFog shader applied and a shading group. I assumed that I could replace the mayaFog with a vray envFog piped into the shading group, but it didn't work. What I do to get it to work is this... (tell me if this is less than ideal):

create vrayMat. apply to cube. Graph in hypershade. set the material's opacityMap to "0". Create envFog and hook it up to the VolumeMaterial slot of the Shading group of the vrayMaterial. This is similar to the workflow of mentalRay partiVolume, so it's nothing new. I would like it to work with volumePrimitives though... they seem tailor-made for the purpose.

Comment

Super thanks for that explanation, cause i couldn't get it to work, aweidenhammer.

At it renders super fast!! really great Vlado

Still playing around with it, if the light for scattter rendered this fast be great, but with this i can mimic it.

Comment

olivervfx,

Please share some screenshots if you can.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey Gates,

Its really simple, just make a "cube" (or any polygonal object)

-Attach Shader -> Vraymat (set opacity to 0 , black)
            -go to shdgrp , and leave the vray mat connected
            -add a vray fog environment in "volume " slot, and voila done.

Density etc, all works.

Looks the same as the Max (sp1) tutorial, I 'm at work,too busy if else i would post,
            sorry about that.

O.

Comment

works wonderfully and is extremely fast. When I try to plug in a 3d texture into the density slot, it seems to stop working 100%. I still get the texture on the outer bound of the object(almost looks like a projection on the back faces) but the internal volume goes away. Are procedural textures supported yet, if so which one is ideal?

Comment

just saw the posting about this in problems! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X