thoughts on proxys and particle instances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on proxys and particle instances

Since maya has LONG been missing a way to allow per particle instance adjustments, would it be possible to find an insertion point to over-ride attributes on vrayProxies? You could add a custom per particle attribute with the vrayProxy_name.attribute =value?, and then instance the proxy as a particle instance. Maybe you could link the attributes you want to leave open for changing when you export the proxy? Is there already a way to override something like color within a vrayProxy at load time(assuming you are not rendering with the standalone)?

thanks!

I suggested the support for per particle instance stuff in another thread. Hoperfully it get's heard and they will support the particleSamplerInfo directly, so we won't have to use tricks like the one you explained. But that idea would also be helpfull in some cases, of course.

Comment

The particleSamplerInfo texture is already implemented for the latest nightly builds.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great news! Also the pp-support for the instancer?

Comment

No, the particle sampler doesn't work with the instancer yet. Still have to figure out how to do this.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Should be tricky, as mr isn't able to implement it . But good to hear that you're looking into it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X