About VrayLightMtl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About VrayLightMtl

Exist any equivalence for lumens or watts for this material?. I mean, if you leave the slider to "1", this is equivalent to 1000 lumens, for example?.

VrayLightMtl brightness depends of the size of the object that haves the material applied?, I mean, it represents "luminance" (lumen) or "illuminance" (lux)?

Guys, I really find myself a little "lost" when I working with this type of illumination.

I think we need or VrayLightMeshes that reveal its material when it "turns off", or a luminance equivalence for VrayLigthMtl.

It's not in the maya help but it's in the 3ds Max one...
    If you know the photometric power of a self-illuminated object in lumens (e.g. 1700 lm for a 100-watt bulb) you can calculate the multiplier for VRayLightMtl if you divide the lumens by the surface area of the object in meters (the 3ds Max Measure utility can be used for this), provided that the self-illuminated color is pure white.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Oh!.

Very gentle for your way, sir diparisi. Today I contract pleasured a debt with you.

Attentively

Reaversword

Ay-yay-yay-yay-yayyyy with the Maya "middle"-help...
      Last edited by Reaversword; 09-08-2010, 07:16 AM.

Comment

in Maya:

you can enter in "polyEvaluate -area" as mel to get the area (without quotes of course).
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

A lot of thanks Sniviem, I cannot doing other thing than tilt me in front of your magnificence.

I didn't know about this command. I usually use the "measure" plug-in of the bonus tools, that besides measure surface, can measure volume.
          But I'll remind it, good trick!.

Comment

Working...
          X