V-Ray Tuner script I made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Tuner script I made

Just thought I'd post this here, since it's relevant. I made an interface to a bunch of V-Ray settings/toggles for Maya. I use this often to avoid always having to use the render settings UI.

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/do...tuner-for-maya

Even has a nice time slider for RT. The AA dropdown automatically sets the filter radius to the defaults used in Max (Catmull Rom = 4, etc). If you don't know what the abbreviated toggles down, mouse over the control and read the help line feedback.

Feedback appreciated. I'm not a V-Ray expert, so if you feel that something is missing, let me know.
    Last edited by BEIGE; 14-11-2010, 02:45 PM.
    Dave Girard | CAN-CON.ca | polygonspixelsandpaint.tumblr.com

Wow,

looks promising. I will give it a try tomorrow at work and I will give you feedback!

Cheers!

Dominik
    Dominik Markota | Head of CGI | Senior Shading & Lighting TD @ Serviceplan MAKE

Comment

So far - everything works fine, really nice and handy - big THANKS!

Comment

did you grab the one from last night? I made a quick fix after posting since the render percentage wasn't reading the settings on load, it would always show 10% on first load. If your palette shows the AA and Render percentage correctly when loading, it's the newer one. For people scared to use it, thinking this is messing with something, it's not doing anything unless you change the settings. Loading it just reads the values and hooks them up.

Comment

Yep I got the new one.

Comment

great script BEIGE!
            btw, I started a new scene, launched vraytuner just fine. closed both the scene and vraytuner, opened a scene and then tried vraytuner again. got this error: Object's name VRay_Tuner is not unique. Is it already loaded? how do i bring it back up again?
            /Bard
            www.hellobard.com
            Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

That's mentioned in the readme. Right click on the UI where there's a draggable tab:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vraytunerenable.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	843641

That's unloaded once you quit Maya. I'll look for a way to unload it and reload it but last I saw, this was still problematic for docks.

Comment

Working...
              X