custom output plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom output plugin

Hi I am new to vray and have a few questions, we have our own render manager and render viewer and we would like to use these with vray.

I have written a output plugin extending EXT_RENDER_SETTINGS interface witch sends vray renders to our render viewer.

The plan is to output a vrscene file and then submit a vray standonone command to our render manager which then will execute it on a machine on the farm sending the data back to the users render viewer.

The Problem I am facing now is to add output plugin to the vrscene file. I have looked in the sample plugin folder but only found examples on how to output geometry from maya.

Is there any more documentation on the vray maya implementation available?

/Eric
    Important Looking Pirates | ILPVFX
    http://www.ilpvfx.com/

Originally posted by ilpvfx View Post
    The Problem I am facing now is to add output plugin to the vrscene file. I have looked in the sample plugin folder but only found examples on how to output geometry from maya.
    You can do it pretty much in the same way. The Maya plugin can create any V-Ray plugin to be included in the V-Ray scene; it is not necessary that it is a geometry plugin. The inconvenience is that you still need a Maya plugin in the scene to do this; we are working on some extensions to the translator that would allow to manipulate the V-Ray scene through MEL or Python commands at the start of the rendering.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great to here you are working on mel and python extensions to make it easier to insert things in the vray scene, this is really practical with renderman.

How would I connect my node to have vray call it's compute function at render time? the geometry plugins have vrayGeomInfo and vrayGeomResult are there other attributes like these?

/Eric

Comment

You still have to use the vrayGeomInfo and vrayGeomResult attributes; once you get these, you should be able to use the VRayGeomInfo::newPlugin() method to create your output plugin.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Am I correct in assuming that I must have a mesh attribute on my node and have it connected to a mesh nodes inMesh attribute? I can't for the life of me figure out any other way of getting vray to call.

again thanks for the quick reply

/Eric

Comment

Yep; like I said it's somewhat of a limitation at the moment.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X