Congrats on vray2 release!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on vray2 release!

Great stuff, everyone at ChaosGroup. Can't wait to have it in Maya!

Andrew

same here. Congrats to the launch! Look forward to seeing these features implemnted in Maya.
    always curious...

Comment

Thanks Out of curiosity, is there a particular feature you are most looking forward to?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Thanks Out of curiosity, is there a particular feature you are most looking forward to?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Big THANKs for asking, Vlado. It would be great to see all the new Vray 2.0 features implemented in Maya.
        I would love to see an improved Light_Select render element that can extract the indirect lighting contribution on a per light basis. From the discussion I did with another memeber here, the current RE_Light_Select seems not capable of doing that yet.
        The dynamic loading tiled EXR is great too.
        Last edited by jasonhuang1115; 07-12-2010, 10:10 AM.
        always curious...

Comment

Originally posted by jasonhuang1115 View Post
          Big THANKs for asking, Vlado. It would be great to see all the new Vray 2.0 features implemented in Maya.
          I would love to see an improved Light_Select render element that can extract the indirect lighting contribution on a per light basis. From the discussion I did with another memeber here, the current RE_Light_Select seems not capable of doing that yet.
          The latter is already possible:
          http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya.../tiled_exr.htm

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
            The latter is already possible:
            http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya.../tiled_exr.htm

Regards,
            Thorsten
            Thanks for the pointer, Thorsten. will check that out.
            always curious...

Comment

Originally posted by jasonhuang1115 View Post
              This is correct; it will only be possible with the bidirectional path tracing engine though (or with brute force GI in the regular V-Ray - not sure if we will be able to hack this in though).

As Thorsten said, V-Ray for Maya already supports this automatically, if you specify a tiled OpenEXR file in the File texture; in fact, we ported the Maya implementation to 3ds Max

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

This is correct; it will only be possible with the bidirectional path tracing engine though (or with brute force GI in the regular V-Ray - not sure if we will be able to hack this in though).
                IIRC, bidirectional path tracing is available in the Light Cache, no? So, does that mean the dev team is working on improving the bidirectional path tracing engine such that the above feature can possibly be achieved at some point? (want to have something to look forward to. )

As Thorsten said, V-Ray for Maya already supports this automatically, if you specify a tiled OpenEXR file in the File texture; in fact, we ported the Maya implementation to 3ds Max
                It is great to see some features implemented in Maya first.
                always curious...

Comment

Hi Vlado; Multi Sub Tex looks interesting.
                  Maya 2020/2022
                  Win 10x64
                  Vray 5

Comment

Congrats on the release! I hope you get loads of orders

Personally, I'm most excited to see how Bloom and Glare will be implemented in Maya. Very handy to have these features for motion graphics work.
                    By the way, how is the Bloom/Glare information saved out? Is it a separate Render layer?
                    /Bard
                    www.hellobard.com
                    Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

Originally posted by hellobard View Post
                      By the way, how is the Bloom/Glare information saved out? Is it a separate Render layer?
                      There options whether you want them saved as separate render elements, or applied to the image, or both.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Any chance to have a stereo helper node like the one of Max? That would be really handy

Comment

To answer your question, Vlado...

I'm most interested in a stable GPU accelerated RT. I've been using RT in cpu mode and it has been of great value in lighting products/cars. Having that tie in with stacked gpu's for fast client sessions is sounding really great to me. The other stuff sounds really fun. Having been on the nightlies on and off, I can say the features I really dig are:
                          fluid rendering (we've done a lot already with clouds... yes it is slow, but we still like it. Dispersion: It just adds that extra bit of realism in glass renders that make for happy clients. Fur was a great addition. We've used it all over the damned place. Fuzzies on textiles, grass, etc. We would certainly like to see some more control over the fur; but we love the addition. More control over the AO is much appreciated (double-sided).

I don't think I've said this before, but vray's render pass system is so awesome. So simple and useful. I never understood the value in over-complicating the pass "management" the way Maya did with MR.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! Also, there is a double-sided option for VRayDirt now in the latest builds

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Working...
                            X