DT as texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT as texture

I know this is probably not a commonly requested feature, but I was wondering if we might see a Darktree texture node, instead of a pure shader. The shader is too limited, and it would be great to use DT files as parts of a more complex shader. Right now, I am building a fastSSS displaced shader that I would love to pipe in a DT that displaces exactly right for our purposes. Yes, we have rendered out maps, but we actually want it to remain procedural, so we don't have to uv a large number of objects, and we were hoping to animate a 3d texture node to so some fake chaos effects in the BG. Anyway, just wondering if that was a big deal.

Andrew

It is not impossible; will have to check it out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

May I ask if darktree is heavily used nowadays? (And are the results worth the money for the editor?)

Comment

Is there any updated news for Darktree texture node? I hope to see it as well.

Best Regards,
        Sangho Jung

Comment

I checked this, but it appears that we talked to the Darktree guys about implementing a material only, we need to ask their permission for a texture. I've sent them an email, waiting for an answer now.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Last edited by vlado; 11-01-2012, 05:12 AM.
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            I checked this, but it appears that we talked to the Darktree guys about implementing a material only, we need to ask their permission for a texture.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Thank you for your fast reply.
            I will share this info with some of Korean V-Ray Users as well. Because they are interested in that.

Thanks once again.

Best Regards,
            Sangho Jung.

Comment

Working...
            X