Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

viewport 2.0 support for VRay materials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewport 2.0 support for VRay materials?

Hi,

I saw the new feature of Viewport 2.0 shown in Maya 2012 demos. I am wondering if Chaos is planning to work on the viewport 2.0 to support for VRay materials; or even better by making it render-able with the new Maya Hardware 2.0 renderer?
    always curious...

We will definitely work on getting V-Ray materials represented in the viewports; we won't spend much time on the hardware renderer specifically - if both can be done with the same code, that would be good, but if not - we would prefer concentrating on the viewports.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yep, Viewport first!

Comment

Thanks, Vlado. Glad that the direction is focusing on the viewport first. The fast Hardware 2.0 rendering to me is just a handy feature when I want to render out a sequence for higher quality pre-viz, replacing the platblast.
        always curious...

Comment

Aehm, what's Hardware 2.0? Never heard of this before. There's only the Viewport 2.0 as far as i know.

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
            Aehm, what's Hardware 2.0? Never heard of this before. There's only the Viewport 2.0 as far as i know.
            Check their demo video about the Viewport 2.0. You will see they render a 4K image of what you see in the Viewport 2.0 in 3 seconds, using the Maya Hardware 2.0 renderer shown in the Render Global.
            always curious...

Comment

Ah, okay, thanks. So, what he says is, that the Hardware 2.0 renderer actually IS viewport 2.0. So this should be easy to transfer.

Comment

Good news!

Can't wait to see the shiny new V-Ray representation in the viewport 2.0!
                Maya 2020/2022
                Win 10x64
                Vray 5

Comment

Originally posted by snivlem View Post
                  Good news!

Can't wait to see the shiny new V-Ray representation in the viewport 2.0!
                  Maybe that's part of the VRay for Maya 2.0? Though not sure when it will be released...
                  always curious...

Comment

Working...
                  X