Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct workflow for setting up rendernodes in a pc and mac environment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct workflow for setting up rendernodes in a pc and mac environment.

As the title says.

I am trying to set up a distributed rendering where one pc is the host wich i send the jobs from and a number of macs with vrayslave installed.

its all working exept that the slaves cannot find the textures and therefore rendering black buckets.

i am not in any way a mac professional so i dont know how to set it up to find the textures.

the scenes are located on the host pc wich is sharing the project folders so that the mac can access them.

From what i have understood there is a difference in naming conventions and file paths on pc vs mac.

How to fix this? is this possible without to much workarounds?

Thanks!

Have you tried placing your project on a server rather than a shared folder?
    Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

Comment

no i have not done that. At the moment we are setting up a new pipeline but as its all from the start we are taking small steps in the very startup.

i wouldnt mind setting it all upp with servers and stuff but the project is (as always) on a tight deadline and the ordered computers are late from the store.

Do you know if there is a way to tell vray to use the correct paths?

Comment

The Problem is clearly the paths. PCs and MACs have not the same paths for the projects and it's the same for Vray. I had a production where I had to use a Mac renderfarm and I had a hard time !
        I ended up using only the Macs for rendering (job sent from one of the macs) and project on a MacOS Server.
        You can find some topics about that.

hope this helps
        www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Working...
        X