X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some notes on the nightly builds and V-Ray 2.0

Hello,

As you may know we are nearing the release of V-Ray 2.0 for Maya. Before the official release, several beta versions will be made available. There will be more official information on that soon, but I just want to point out how this will reflect on the nightly builds.

First, once the beta of V-Ray 2.0 is released, the nightly builds will be switched to the official license for V-Ray 2.0. You will need a license (full or trial) for V-Ray 2.0 to use them. There will be more detailed information regarding licensing later on during the week. To prevent accidents, the nightly builds will be moved to a different location, so that you don't pick them up by mistake.

(Note: that does not mean that older or current nightly builds will suddenly stop working. You can use them for as long as you wish).

If you require any changes or fixes to the 1.5 versions, these will be handled on a case-by-case basis and made available separately upon request. Except for fixes or minor additions, the 1.5 branch will not be actively developed.

We will also branch off V-Ray 2.0 into a stable version, which receives only bug fixes and probably minor additions, and developer versions (nightly builds). The stable version will be updated less often, and will not contain the very latest stuff, but should be, well, stable

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 21-03-2011, 02:33 PM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Thanks Vlado for clearing this up for us. Appreciate your efforts on this site and the good communication and feedback with all the other V-Ray devs.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      To prevent accidents, the nightly builds will be moved to a different location, so that you don't pick them up by mistake.
      Will we need a new link from you or will it just be in a subfolder on the current site?
      OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Comment

They will be in a slightly different folder, so you will need the new link from me.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Thank you Vlado !
          www.deex.info

Comment

great news Vlado, cheers

Comment

@vlado I just received the update to my license to access the V-Ray for Maya 2.0 beta but haven't received the download link. What am I missing? Can you help with this?

Comment

I won't automatically send links unless you specifically ask for them...

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

I assumed the link would be posted after the application process. Makes it confusing since the Chaos Group site specifically states:
                  If you would like to participate in the beta program your log in information will be used as an application to the Beta program and you will be able to immediately download and install V-Ray 2.0 for Maya.
                  Anyway, can you please send me that link here: jbibianjr@gmail.com

Thanks!

Comment

There are official beta builds on the site as well. These are different from the nightly builds; the ones on the site are the so-called "stable" builds (or ideally should be, once the beta is over )

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Working...
                    X