Save images to other than png from framebuffer on OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save images to other than png from framebuffer on OSX

I wonder how I might be able to save any images from the framebuffer on OSX with the option to choose from different file formats. Right now I can only save the file and it results in a png. I have seen on various demos that other people feature a dropdown list with formats to choose from but here it's totally missing.

Thanks, Ingo
    brave rabbit | Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6 Core | ATI FirePro D700 | 32 GB RAM | OS X 10.13.3

Hm, there seems to be something odd going on there; thanks for the pointer.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure thing. No worries

Cheers, Ingo
      brave rabbit | Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6 Core | ATI FirePro D700 | 32 GB RAM | OS X 10.13.3

Comment

Along a similar thread, I am using Vray for Maya 2.003 beta (64bit) on Windows and the VFB not only gives me just a png option only to save, if you type a file name and hit save, it does not work. I cannot save to a file via the little disk icon any files from the VFB. If I hit save in the history panel, It will save in the directory that was indicated through the environment variable. I would also note that when you look at the history panel icons of the saved files, all of the files indicate that their render time is 0hr 0min 0sec regardless of the actual time it took to render.
        Maya, Modo, Houdini, Harmony
        2018 MBP, 32Gb, 2.9Ghz i9, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4Gb

Comment

Is this in Maya 2012?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

I'm sorry, yes you are correct. I am using Maya 2012, Win 7 Pro 64bit, vray_adv_20003. It will not save a file. I get the dialog box to save but after giving a file name, nothing is saved. The only file format I'm give is png.

Comment

While this thread should have been in the "problems" section, it seemed silly to duplicate it.

Same issue here - noticed today that it saves nothing until the extension is added manually to the name. In my case png anyway, though it doesn't save at all if relying on the requester. (Win 7 X64 Professional, Maya 2012)

Is it possible to note the render time in VFB ? (Enabled VFB history reports all images as 0h:00m:00s)

Comment

You can enable the frame stamp in the VFB, which will give you the render time (it is also printed in the Output window).

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Ah thank you Vlado! I'd missed that.

Comment

An update on this. I "thought" I could not save as your dialog box opens with a blank for a file name and a selection dialog box below showing that it will save the file as a .png (the only format available for selection in this dialog box). If you simply type in a name and click save, as all other similar dialog boxes in windows that I've seen and used, the dialog box closes but the file is not saved. I discovered, however, that if I actually type in an extension, foo.jpg, foo.png, foo.tiff, foo.tga the image will actually be saved as the specified extension in the location I requested. You have some obvious issue with how you are calling the window's save dialog box and passing arguments to that function.

Also, as mentioned, all files are showing in the VFB as 0h:00m:00s even after I have time stamped them. Note the attached screen dump. I stamped the file in the VFB. Clicked save in the history tab but the time shows up as 0:0:0
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by rimcrazy; 03-05-2011, 06:15 AM. Reason: added example image

Comment

I'm on Maya 2012 64-bit, Windows version with V-Ray 2.0 nightly (stable build) and I can only choose PNG when saving from the framebuffer as well.

Luckily, my EXRs are being written to a render temp dir ... so I can grab them from there. But before realizing this, I almost choked when my 6k distributed render was completed and the only output option was PNG...
                      Best Regards,
                      Fredrik

Comment

Yep, this is fixed already in the nightly builds; the change will go into the stable ones too.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Fantastic, Vlado.
                          You always respond with good news
                          Last edited by Fredrik Averpil; 13-07-2011, 07:48 AM. Reason: Forgot the o ;)
                          Best Regards,
                          Fredrik

Comment

Working...
                          X