Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB for batch render?

Hi there,

For some reason, after I installed the latest version of VRay 2.0 for Maya 2012 x64, the VFB doesn't show up anymore during batch render. What gives? I do have "Use V-Ray VFB" clicked on in the render global settings.

-drew

Unfortunately we can't show the VFB in Maya 2012 in batch mode anymore; we have to use Qt for the VFB and the Qt GUI subsystem is not initialized in batch mode.

There may be a way to use our wxWidgets code in Maya 2012, but we have to look into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Does that mean, that things like the render region or the framestamp in the VFB do not influence the batch rendering anymore?

Comment

Hm, good question. I have to check. The stamp will almost certainly not work as it requires drawing of text for which GUI functions are used. Not sure about the render region though.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Last edited by vlado; 18-05-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

This is a bummer. The VFB showing up was at first a bit intrusive, but became essential and a very powerful thing after getting used to it. We want it back
          Best Regards,
          Fredrik

Comment

I agree with Fredrik. Would really like to see it back as very important for us too.

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

It is not impossible (on Windows at any rate); we'll have to use our original wxWidgets code instead of Qt though. Will see if we can do something about it.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Good! As I mentioned in another thread the batch VFB probably wont need all the features of the normal VFB. But reviewing the current render is really essential!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobbe View Post
                  Good! As I mentioned in another thread the batch VFB probably wont need all the features of the normal VFB. But reviewing the current render is really essential!
                  +1 to that!
                  Best Regards,
                  Fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    It is not impossible (on Windows at any rate); we'll have to use our original wxWidgets code instead of Qt though. Will see if we can do something about it.
                    Any chance this is coming in a future 2.0 stable build?
                    The feature is greatly missed here in the office.
                    Best Regards,
                    Fredrik

Comment

Is it possible to hook imf_display with vray like mray? I wonder if that oculd be a workaround temporarily
                      Maya 2020/2022
                      Win 10x64
                      Vray 5

Comment

Well, the vfb for batch mode is already fixed for the next night/stable builds.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Bump bump
                          Best Regards,
                          Fredrik

Comment

Have you tried the nightlies? The VFB shows up again when batch rendering. At least it works for me on win 7...

Comment

We are running a stable nightly v15563 from 110528, and in that one it doesn't work. Which one are you using?
                              Best Regards,
                              Fredrik

Comment

Working...
                              X