Baking output path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking output path

I was wondering if there is a way to control the output path when baking with vray for maya other than using maya's inbuilt project?

We need to be able to start the baking from a python script and need to be able to specify the path the image files are rendered to.

This is implemented in the latest nightly builds for V-Ray 2.0 (the "Bake with V-Ray..." dialog has a place for output path; you can also set this from MEL); if you can check it out and let me know if it works as desired, we can port the change to the stable branch.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Vlado. We are still on 1.5 (latest nightlies), but I've used your reply to prompt "those who decide" to update to v2. A couple of days apparantly. I'll be in touch to get v2 nightlies access in the near future, and I'll be sure to let you know if it works the way we hope.

cheers
      David

Comment

So I've updated and tried the new mapping output path option and all works as expected.

I have a suggestion though. Would it be possible to have the output path in the bake set options so that different object's maps can be output to different folders? We are baking animated sequences and being able to specify per object paths would help keep things more organized.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by djx View Post
          So I've updated and tried the new mapping output path option and all works as expected.

I have a suggestion though. Would it be possible to have the output path in the bake set options so that different object's maps can be output to different folders? We are baking animated sequences and being able to specify per object paths would help keep things more organized.

thanks
          It is not impossible; however what would happen if you have both a per-object and global path? Which one takes precedence?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

I would say the per-object path overrides the global path.
            For even greater flexibility, the per-object path could have the option to be relative to the global path if it does not start with a / or drive: .

cheers
            david

Comment

Ok, will make a note to look into it.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X