Re-Assigning Baked materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Assigning Baked materials

I am baking out my scene and I unchecked the "assign bake textures" check box and never re-checked it as I was still working on shaders...

I have realized that I really should have re-checked it as that would and could save me time in my next process now....

Is there any way in Vray, by option or by script to have those already baked materials assign themselves to the baked surfaces?

That would be a real time saver now?

Thanks in advance.....

I'm not sure, I need to check; it may be not be possible for the moment. The only thing I can think of is to add an option to skip textures that have been baked already - this way you could just run the rtt again with the "assign shaders" enabled and it will reuse the already baked files.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the help!!

If I do the set up like you said, will Vray really have to bake all the objects again for this to work or by checking that option will it know to assign the baked materials to the objects?

If Vray will just use the mats that have been baked this will help. If I will have to actaully reback the entire scene that workflow will unfortunately not work for me.

Comment

Working...
      X