Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restart you renderslaves once in a while

Hi,

we had wondered why our CORE i7 renders a scene faster then the dual-xeon. So we reboot the dual-xeon which had been rendering continuously for over a week and it renders the same scene 4 times faster. Al machines running Win7 64bit with plenty of RAM. So no swapping involved.

Didn't think that this is needed nowadays.

Lars

isn't there a check box, under your distribution render, that asks if you would like to restart slaves after completion? Maybe that would help.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I have also noticed the same issue....

The longer the dual Xeon stays on and renders it will tend to slow down and eventually totaly freeze...

I just beat on it until it gives up and then restart..

no mercy for the machines!!!!

Comment

Yep - have similar stuff happening over in max land - the windows system process starts to clog up memory wise and eventually makes the machine start to use virtual memory which drops your cpu % used. I'm not sure where it's coming from whether it's nuke, render pal, backburner, max or vraybut definitely getting something similar. Gonna run some tests when I get a few days free.

Comment

vrayslave.exe doesn't dump memory after each use and eat your ram until you close the shell.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Metzger View Post
              vrayslave.exe doesn't dump memory after each use and eat your ram until you close the shell.
              Do you have a scene that makes vrayslave.exe leak memory in reproducible way?
              Keep in mind that vrayslave.exe frees memory when a new scene starts to render,
              not at the end of the previous render. So if you do consecutive renders there should
              be no memory problems.

/Teodor
              V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
              X