VRay Velocity pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Velocity pass

Where can I find documentation on the various values found in the velocity channel render element ? I can't seem to be able to locate it in the VRay docs. Also, has anyone come across a tutorial how to use the pass with nuke without strange artifacts ?

Right - this is the max workflow but I'd imagine that it's the same in maya. You first of all add in your velocity pass, and the only thing you do is turn off clamp output. Bring your render into nuke, and add a vector blur node. In your uv channels setting, choose the vray velocity pass. Set your method to forward, and lastly make sure to choose your rgba.alpha as your alpha for it, or else for renders that have any kind of transparent background, you'll get this odd effect where you get a sharp unblurred object with a motion blurred object blended over the top of it. You then treat your multiply slider as your camera shutter angle so 1 = one full frame of blur or a 360 degree shutter, 0.5 is a 180 degree shutter and so on.

For after effects apparently it's quite different but this should work for nuke.

Comment

Working...
    X