Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car commecial workflow.

Hi,

We mainly do Hirez CG stills for various formats. Lately we've been asked to do car commercial work, now i know lots of companies do CG car commercial work in Vray ,but i was wondering if someone could share the workflow for rendering them out as i seem to get a lot of fizzing/flickering. i am currently using GI with brute Force/Light Cache workflow. Is it better to not use GI ? as when I try this the renders go very noisy .

Any help be greatly appreciated.

Chris

It depends from scene. Rendering cars is loads of fun and u can do it in many different ways. I usually just do simple render -no gi ETC. If u getting noise then ur lighting is bad... What is the ad environment ?
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

black environments fading to a photographic backplate.

environment lights & area lights.

Comment

Right - environment lights ? u mean HDRI ? - if yes giv that light a bit of a sample... 16/24+ thats what is causing noise - or use it at 8/16bit... Tweak it out.

Use spots instead of area lights...

I'm using 3ds max but maya still should have standard lights...

Make the fadeout on layers in post...
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

cool. thanks for the pointers.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,
            I usually use IM and brute force for GI. Then I cache the IM. This gives me flicker free animation.
            With HDR images, as mentioned by Dadal, the sample needs to be high enough to avoid noise flickering. I would use 2 HDRIs, one for reflection and one for diffuse lighting (which is a blurred version of the reflection one).

Yannick
            Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X