Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranch / Maya / Vray

Hi all,

If some of you have some experience with Maya/Vray projects rendered at Ranchcomputing, it would be nice if you could share some infos.
    We will be sending a quite big project soon and I'm especially worried for the IES profiles that we are using. Do you organise them specially, force the path to somewhere ?
    Any other hints to avoid beginner mistakes ?

best regards,

Olivier
    www.mirage-cg.com

Dont have any info regarding Ranchcomputing but we did have problems with having 2 different IES lights in the scene. Every time we opened the scene all the lights would take on just one of the IES lights ignoring the fact there were 2 types so had to update every time.

Comment

Originally posted by stezza View Post
      Dont have any info regarding Ranchcomputing but we did have problems with having 2 different IES lights in the scene. Every time we opened the scene all the lights would take on just one of the IES lights ignoring the fact there were 2 types so had to update every time.
      Is it possible to get me that scene so that we can debug it?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,

I've tried to reproduce the problem, but I couldn't.
        I've tried a simple scene with two IES lights (2 profiles) both in-maya rendering and maya batch.
        Both worked fine, so I'm waiting for a scene, where it breaks to further debug the problem.

/Teodor
        Last edited by t.petrov; 28-09-2011, 07:21 AM.
        V-Ray developer

Comment

I will get the scene for you later tonight (UK time). It would be a very large scene so may have to delete some stuff, will double check later.

Comment

Everytime I had problems with IES profiles was when a project was moved from a disk to another.

regards,
            www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

thats strange, i always use the project structure for everything, and for example i put like ies in data dir of the project structure and everything works ok, just make sure that the paths r not absolute...

cheers

Comment

Working...
              X