Fog in Maya spotlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog in Maya spotlight

Hi, I tried searching but Fog is 3 letters and not available for the search.

Basically is it possible to hook up a vray fog node to a native Maya spotlight? I've tried and it doesn't seem to work but I could be missing something.

I know of the bounding box method with an opacity shader for the surfaceshader and fog for the environment slot but that means the fog is affected by other lights in the scene as well.

Thanks.
    Last edited by snivlem; 14-10-2011, 07:30 PM.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Originally posted by snivlem View Post
    Hi, I tried searching but Fog is 3 letters and not available for the search.

Basically is it possible to hook up a vray fog node to a native Maya spotlight? I've tried and it doesn't seem to work but I could be missing something.

I know of the bounding box method with an opacity shader for the surfaceshader and fog for the environment slot but that means the fog is affected by other lights in the scene as well.

Thanks.
    Put a cone around the spot light and connect it to the VRayEnvironmentFog shader through the relationship editor. You can also link to the VRayEnvironmentFog only the lights that you want to affect it and set the light mode to "Override shape lights" (or alternatively only link to the cone the lights that you want to affect it from the light linking editor). Unfortunately the light selection only works in the most recent builds (there was a bug in older builds).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, again.
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

Working...
      X