Katana to support Vray in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana to support Vray in the future?

Though not directly related to Vray for Maya, but with the official release of The Foundry's Katana I am just curious if the dev. team is interested in or already actively working on adding Vray to one of the renderers that works with Katana? Looking at the Katana 1.0 release note, it only supports PRMan and Arnold.
    always curious...

Originally posted by jasonhuang1115 View Post
    Though not directly related to Vray for Maya, but with the official release of The Foundry's Katana I am just curious if the dev. team is interested in or already actively working on adding Vray to one of the renderers that works with Katana?
    Yes.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great to learn that the dev. team is involving in this already. Just read the Katana FAQ where it specifies that it has an API for other developers to integrate almost any renderer into Katana. Am exciting to see this coming.....
      always curious...

Comment

any news about that? Possible integration for next year, next release, etc. ? thx for keeping us posted !
        www.bernhardrieder.com
        rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

We already have something ready for testing... please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com for more information.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

any news on the katana/nuke front..?

Comment

V-Ray for Nuke and V-Ray for Katana will enter beta testing a bit later this year.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                V-Ray for Nuke and V-Ray for Katana will enter beta testing a bit later this year.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Is Vray for Nuke beta testing limited to studios or open to public?
                always curious...

Comment

It will most likely be an open beta; it makes sense for Nuke, obviously not for Katana

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

So what will VRay bring to the table for Nuke? It sounds really interesting but I am curious on the application for it. Rendering particles, lighting, mattes, what?

Comment

Working...
                    X