Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newer stable build or SP1 for Maya users around the corner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer stable build or SP1 for Maya users around the corner?

Hi!

Seeing the new release of Max version, I am wondering if a new stable build (not the nightly) or SP1 is not too far from release for Maya users? Last time I heard, it will be around December, or that is just for Max?

Best regards,
    Jason
    always curious...

Yep, it's coming soon. I still think that it will be done this month, but what with the holidays and all, we'll see.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response, Vlado. Still looking forward to this awesome Christmas gift!!

- Jason
      always curious...

Comment

What is the process of installing an updated version?

Do I need to uninstall the current version and re-install? or do I just install and it overwrites the previous version?

Comment

The installer will attempt to automatically call the uninstaller for the previous version.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Greetings all,

I was just informed the educational license doesn't have nightly build support. This is very unfortunate as that was not in the description when I bought the educational version.

Anyhow, I am glad the SP1 is coming, hopefully with an educational simultaneous release. Any chance of seeing what has been changed from the current stable release to the SP1?

Thank you and best regards,

Eduardo

Comment

glad to hear this is still on track. I'm also interested in hearing about the EDU update. Hopefully the policy on the EDU version can revert back to what it was.

Vlado is a very busy man! :รพ

Comment

Originally posted by pixelmonk View Post
                I'm also interested in hearing about the EDU update. Hopefully the policy on the EDU version can revert back to what it was.
                There has not been a change in our official EDU policy. We have never had educational builds as part of the nightly builds, as we don't have the resources to manage them right now.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X