• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment Reflections

Hi guys...
    I am fairly new to VRay - I was hoping to get some expert input

I am rendering a scene of a car
    I am trying to get some additional reflections for realism on the glass surfaces and the body paint

So far I have not had any success! I have tried all of these:
    a) In Global Options, Override Enviroment with a Reflection map in the Reflection Texture Slot
    b) Use Dome Light
    c) Use the Reflection map as the reflection colour of the VRayMtl

I have read some posts here about using VRayMtl Override with the VRay Place ENV Texture
    When I do this, the Hypershade connection editor pops up, but I am not sure what nodes to connect
    Is this the simplest way?

Thanks in advance!

Are you using a layered shader for your car paint as this is the best way to control reflection amounts, fall off fresnel ect. You can plug all these in individually.

Comment

Hi Stezza

Thanks for the reply
      I am using the Car Paint Shader and a glass shader, but I dont think that is the problem
      I am fairly new to Maya aswell, so I went back to basics and rendered a chrome sphere created in Maya, which did reflect the enviroment perfectly
      Does an imported object in .OBJ format (I bought this car model online) need to have UVs assigned to it to reflect the environment?
      Also, is there any way to view the reflection with hardware texturing (I am using the Dome light with Dome Texture on?

thanks!
      Last edited by DonQuixote; 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X