Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does shave and a hair cut work with vray stand alone rendering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does shave and a hair cut work with vray stand alone rendering?

try to get the new version of shave to work on our render farm. we use stand alone. everything renders but no fur im assuming it only works with batch rendering can anyone confirm this?
    CG supervisor
    Alkemy-X

do any plug-ins render with vray stand alone? just curios how this works do plug-in's get included in the vrscene translation?
    CG supervisor
    Alkemy-X

Comment

Yeah, im having the same issue. I have all the shave vray dll installed, so it renders fine in maya, but once i convert it to a vrscene (which is what we use for our farm too), no fur.

Comment

A basic question first, have you installed the plugin on your render nodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost3d View Post
          do any plug-ins render with vray stand alone? just curios how this works do plug-in's get included in the vrscene translation?
          It should work fine as shave has a corresponding plugin for V-Ray Standalone.

However from what I remember, it could be that the hair description itself is stored in some additional .dra file, which may be missing from the render slaves. I'm not sure about this though - Joe Alter would be able to say for sure.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

A basic question first, have you installed the plugin on your render nodes?
            yes

Even testing locally, where it works fine in maya, i can't get the fur/hair working in vray stand alone.

Comment

yes its installed on the nodes and I also did a local test and no go with that either. I put in a ticket with Joe about this he thinks it a problem with the way the Vray integration was designed on his end.
              CG supervisor
              Alkemy-X

Comment

Working...
              X