Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-ray Maya Texture plugins - what are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray Maya Texture plugins - what are they?

Hi Guys,

I am trying to convert materials from Max to Maya vray. I exported the .vrscene of the material from max and it opens in Maya just fine. However on some materials it creates VrayPluginNodeTex nodes. Says the plugin is "TexFalloff" and the plugin type "texture". I can see the settings in these nodes but they do not appear to work as they are supposed to in the original material. They don't seem to effect the material at all.

Is TexFalloff some plugin Max creates that Maya can't use? Any help would be appreciated I haven't found anyone really encountering this in my searches online.

Here is a pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	876457

Thanks,

-Ethan

Hm this is probably some asstalk but maybe the texture placement doesnt get converted. I don't know if it's needed for procedural textures, but if you go to "create -> vray -> create from vray plugin -> texture" and then pick falloff texture, it will ask you if you want 2d/3d placement. So maybe try plug a 3d-placement node into the texture?

Comment

The Falloff texture doesn't need placement; Ethan, can you post the .vrscene with the material that you are trying to convert?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Here is the download link to the file. It's a snow texture without any image texture maps. It just renders flat though because the plugins don't seem to be doing anything.

http://www.nvisiblefx.com/stuff/Snow.zip

Ekenryd I didn't know how to create them so thank you at least I know how to create them now. That will help me understand more about what's going on.

I appreciate the help guys!

-Ethan

Comment

Hi Ethan,
          Could you post also the original 3DS Max material file (.mat) to compare.
          From the file, which you have shared, we saw that black color for Fresnel Color1 and Color2 is used. There are two nodes (TexAColorOp) attached to the Color 2 slot which are also black .
          Thank you,
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Here is the max file. I went to open it in max one more time to see if I could have done something wrong but my v-ray trial on max doesn't seem to be working anymore so i'm not able to render it. Maybe that is causing the problem to begin with?

http://www.nvisiblefx.com/stuff/SnowMax.zip

-Ethan

Comment

Hello Ethan,
              Thank you for the file.
              We reproduced the issue and will make a note to fix it.
              Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for taking a look at this! I hope a revision can go in some time soon maybe.

-Ethan

Comment

Working...
                X