VRayScatter for Maya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes

u can mask the distribution with a map and make a pass tru forest, for example, or something like that, i could make a quick sample later just to show u

cheers

something like this?

Last edited by bazuka; 10-09-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Use Maya 3d paint tool to paint a simple black and White texture. Black would be where you want the trees but you can flip the choice. Gets plugged into the ommit from texture slot.

Comment

Originally posted by bazuka View Post
        yes

u can mask the distribution with a map and make a pass tru forest, for example, or something like that, i could make a quick sample later just to show u

cheers
        sounds good, doing paths with my current method of particle instance is a royal pain. (like this)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1221080310XX8B4d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	846044
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

yea, i just switched with trees, but i think u got the idea

as my friend stezza said u can draw emit tex and plug it inside particle so ull have instances only where u want them to have

other way to do it, is to split the mesh and apply instances just on the parts u want, but this one is a bit complicated then drawing the map
          Last edited by bazuka; 10-09-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Was this thread originally about Carbon scatter for Maya or VRay scatter Max plugin (is this available for maya?) )

Comment

So it is! should have googled first, sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X