Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary render output location on Linux

Hi @ll =)

i'm wondering if anyone knows where temporary render output is stored on linux (CentOS6)? I want to check the render process on a very huge rendering via ImfDisp but cannot figure out where the current rendering is stored before it finishes and reaches it's final image output destination.

Any help on this would be awesome Thanks in advance,
    Rasmus

This would work only if you are saving to a .vrimg file; in that case you can check it with e.g. pdplayer. For obvious reasons imfdisp doesn't work with V-Ray.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Of course I see your point on only being able to open .vrimg files with pdplayer but still i wonder where vray stores it's TMP file during the render process. Can you tell me the path and filetype where renderings in progress are located on linux?

As always, Thanks for your support!

Kind regards,
      Rasmus

Comment

Originally posted by rasmus View Post
        Of course I see your point on only being able to open .vrimg files with pdplayer but still i wonder where vray stores it's TMP file during the render process.
        Unless you render to a .vrimg file it is not stored anywhere. The image is kept in memory, and written out at the end of each frame. (Actually multichannel .exr files are also stored during rendering, but unfortunately .exr does not support partial reading.)

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

That's great because i'm actually rendering a MultiChannel Exr and so far i've never had problems reading MentalRay EXR's partially during the rendering process... so would you mind telling me where TMP files are stored so i can at least try to preview them? =)

Kind regards,
          Rasmus

Comment

It's in the same location as the output file (in fact, it *is* the output file, sort of).

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

So does that mean, that if i don't see the filesize change over time it is all kept in the RAM until its finally written to the destination file?

Comment

I don't actually know how the OpenEXR library behaves; V-Ray gives it the data as soon as each region is rendered. I assumed that the OpenEXR library would write this to disk directly, but perhaps it does not... need to look into the code.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X