Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just recently discovered the menu create> v-ray> and would like to read up on it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just recently discovered the menu create> v-ray> and would like to read up on it!

After a short membership at digital tutors and a few questions answered here by Vlado and other experienced users, I have been using some of the items on this V-ray menu.

Things that I have been using extensively were:

-Create single object properties node
    -Turn selection into lights

Yesterday I was messing with the plugin textures and v-ray plane, but there is a lot on this list I haven't tried yet and would like some info on.

Examples:
    Lights from plugin
    Textures from plugin
    V-ray sphere fade
    volume shader
    material from BRDF

So if there is a place kind of like spot3d.com where one can find information on these I would like to know!

Thank you,

Cheers
    -DM

Originally posted by dmarques1177 View Post
    Yesterday I was messing with the plugin textures and v-ray plane, but there is a lot on this list I haven't tried yet and would like some info on.
    Hi,

This is a feature used by people who write their own V-Ray plugins for BRDF, Lights, Textures.
    If you don't have custom V-Ray plugins you won't get any benefit by using the low level plugins.

/Teodor
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Originally posted by dmarques1177 View Post
      Lights from plugin
      Textures from plugin
      volume shader
      material from BRDF
      As Teodor mentioned, these allow you to create and use some of the internal V-Ray shaders; these may be useful in certain situations, but the workflow is not very user-friendly. Most of the plugins have nice wrappers in the Maya UI (e.g. the VRayMtl material, VRayBlendMtl material, VRayScatterFog volumetric shader etc).

V-ray sphere fade
      You can look here: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R...htm#vraysphere

Let us know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
        Hi,

This is a feature used by people who write their own V-Ray plugins for BRDF, Lights, Textures.
        If you don't have custom V-Ray plugins you won't get any benefit by using the low level plugins.

/Teodor
        Where can I read more about it ? What language is it used/what is supported/etc/etc?

I'm just chatting with coder about writing plugin/material for me I'd like to be able to provide him with informations he would need to start it going at some point...
        Last edited by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal); 15-10-2012, 01:47 PM.
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

The language is C++ and to API is provided by in the V-Ray SDK, which is installed by the installation.
          V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
          X