Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A default lighting scene?

Hey there,

I was going to try and setup a default lighting scene for our texture/shader setup artists as we're getting some inconsistency when different assets are brought into a shot lighting scene.

I wasn't sure the best way to go about this though and was after some input.... At a previous studio we had a lighting rig you could reference in that had two setups, one on a grey cove with softer studio lighting then an outside environment with much harsher direct sunlight (not the physical sun light)

How do other people deal with this problem? and obviously scene scale must come into play, if someone is modelling a telephone and someone is modelling a tank, how does this lighting scene scale without light decay becoming an issue...

Any help or thoughts appreciated.
    Martin

If you use a dome light, an infinite plane, and directional lights, then the setup would work for any scale...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Vlado, I might have some questions down the line, my dev time between projects went from two weeks, down to one week, but actually ended up being an afternoon. Already onto the next show :/

Comment

Working...
      X