Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store shaders inside proxies

Hi guys,

sorry if this has been asked before, but i am in a hurry.....can i store shaders inside the vrmesh and render them straight away without any shadingGroup connection?

thx in advance
    Oliver
    OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Unfortunately no. You'll have to connect some actual shaders. We have some ideas in that regard though.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasonic View Post
      Hi guys,

sorry if this has been asked before, but i am in a hurry.....can i store shaders inside the vrmesh and render them straight away without any shadingGroup connection?

thx in advance
      Oliver
      Hi,
      Create a scene with your proxy, connect your shaders. Export all.
      In the final scene, create a reference with the exported scene.
      www.deex.info

Comment

I use Sunday Pipeline for this.

I just save my proxies to its library and when I import them from the library, any shaders come along with them.
        Last edited by Richard7666; 25-03-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

@Richard7666 & bigbossfr: Sorry guys, but that was not the initial question...i know how to reference a file containing proxies in maya...i am working on a larger scale pipeline where i would like to incorporate some features that other renderers already support.

Comment

The proxy is not like an ass file or like a .rib file; it does not store a full scene description - and there is a good reason for that. We could make it to store shaders, but that wasn't its original intent (and sometimes it doesn't make much sense either, as native 3rd party shaders from e.g. 3ds Max have no meaning in Maya).

If including assets during render time is all you want, you can also include entire .vrscene files through the pre-render Python callback.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              If including assets during render time is all you want, you can also include entire .vrscene files through the pre-render Python callback.
              That is exactly what i want! But how would i translate,rotate and scale the stuff inside that vrscene? Is that possible with the vray python module too?

regards
              Oli

Comment

Yes, it is possible, but it's not very straightforward...

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X