Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Dirt radius Map in Maya

Hi

Does anyone have a simple set up for plugging a texture file into vray dirt radius in maya?

It doesn't work if you simply plug it into the slot, I need a method whereby i can use the map as a range of values within a global radius value.

I have found a method from a google search which uses a multiply divide node (and a luminance node) - which seemed like a sensible solution to me- but it doesn't work either.

thanks

Hello Bertjenkins
    Here is one example how to connect a texture Map to VrayDirtTex radius , and with the help of the MultipleDivide node , you can control the radius.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	847860

You can even add a second texture with second MultipleDivide node for even more control over the radius.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	847861

Scene File >> VrayDirt.zip
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Great thanks.

Why is the multiply divide node needed? Is it because the texture map colorOut only gives values of 0-1?

In future will you be able to map images straight onto the radius with a multiplier, as for lights, etc?

Comment

I just tried the same thing without the multiply divide node, but using the out alpha of a file texture node and adjusting the alpha gain to high values (eg 40, etc) it looks the same. Is this technically the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Bertjenkins View Post
          I just tried the same thing without the multiply divide node, but using the out alpha of a file texture node and adjusting the alpha gain to high values (eg 40, etc) it looks the same. Is this technically the same thing?
          Yes, it's the same thing.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

great thanks

Comment

Nice svetlozar_draganov, thank you for posting this!

Comment

Working...
              X