Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Maya new production version.

Hi,
    its has been more than 1 year since last version ( prod) of VrayMaya. We would really like to know when a new production release will be available. I am not referring to 3.0 , jut wanted to know if we can expect any new release soon.
    Thanks,
    Alex.

Follow this thread:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...uted-rendering

I think this is the only issue that must be fixed in order to release officially 2.4
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

That's for the production release, but I noticed the stable nightlies are not updated anymore.

I have looked at the nighlty web site, I only see "nightly" nightlies.
      The latest "stable" nightlies are from october 2012 (stable_2.1), which is unusual.

Where can I find the latest stable versions ?
      (because we are thinking about buying phoenix licences, and I guess we need the latest VRay version, instead of our stable build 22419 from october 2012)

Thanks.

Comment

Phoenix 2.0 will work with VRay 2.1, but with some limitations related to RT. Phoenix 2.1 will have more issues with VRay 2.1 and some features may not work. Until the official release of Phoenix 2.1 however, we must release VRay 2.4.

Comment

Originally posted by ivaylo.ivanov View Post
          Phoenix 2.0 will work with VRay 2.1, but with some limitations related to RT. Phoenix 2.1 will have more issues with VRay 2.1 and some features may not work. Until the official release of Phoenix 2.1 however, we must release VRay 2.4.
          Thanks.
          I guess I would go for the latest "nightly" nightly of VRay (which is probably close to the behaviour of 2.4), and the latest nightly of Phoenix (does Phoenix also have a "nightly" web access ?).

Comment

Yes, Phoenix FD has also nightlies. Currently this is the only way to test the 2.1 version.

Comment

is there anywhere that lists new/changed features in each version of V-ray for Maya? I have no idea what the current nightlies have in them vs the most recent production version. Just out of curiosity really.

Comment

Every installation of V-Ray for Maya comes with a change log file, where you can see what has been changed in this version relative to the previous release (official version or service pack).
                V-Ray developer

Comment

Regarding Maya 2012, why is the latest stable version at 2.20.01, but the latest demo version for 2012 is at 2.30.01? (according to the downloads page, anyway)

Or will the full "2.30.01 maya2013 64bit" also work with Maya 2012?

Though I'll be on Maya 2014 fairly soon, is there a version out for that yet?
                  Last edited by Richard7666; 20-07-2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Maya 2014 is supported only in the nightlies. There will be VRay 2.4 for all supported Maya versions.

Comment

Working...
                    X