Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI from simplified model?

Heya

I know I can have simple material for GI to produce my render but can I have simpler model to get GI information?

So I have a scene with interior arch and a lot of simple boxes. Now if I render them as they are all works fine and GI looks good. But when I add bevel to my boxed the GI gets very messy on those corners. I had to use DE to sort it out. But as an alternative is there a way to use my previous simple boxes to calculate GI and then just use that GI on my beveled boxes?

Thanks, bye.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Hi,
    You can create a renderLayer and use low geometry to bake your GI ?
    www.deex.info

Comment

Yes - you could use lower-res geometry to calculate GI but the end result won't be accurate.
      However if the lowres geometry maintenance almost the same volume and if you also have lowres bevels the end result will be more acceptable , but I don't think it will look good without any lowres bevels.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

You could try baking an irradiance map with the lowres geometry and then rendering the high-res geometry with the saved map. It might just work...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Heya

Yea I was thinking of doing that. Just was not sure how well it could work. I read recently that if I use Round Edges and I render different GI map for it then it could slow down a bit. It was in the other topic. Will need to test it out.

Thanks for suggestions guys !

Thanks, bye.
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
          X