Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image Plane = Blocked Rays, Faster rendering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Plane = Blocked Rays, Faster rendering?

Hi there,

i recognized something today, which doesn't make complete sense to me.

I am currently integrating a 3d tree in life action footage. I have may footage as camera image plane. For scene setup i have may image plane active, a matte ground object, which recieves the shadow from the tree, the actual tree itself and a physical sun/sky for lighting. BF / LC for gi settings.

Once i deactivate my image plane, my render time almost doubles. From 10 minutes, up to 18.5 minutes. So i thought, kay, the plane seems to block rays, or add to the GI contribution in some way.

So i experimented. And put a normal geometry plane in the background, projected the footage as lightmtl on the plane.

With vray object properties, matte object -1 .. everything else of, except for primary visibilty. 14.40 minutes.
    With vray object properties, same as above but visible for GI 14.30. << Because i thought, the ImagePlane is visible for the Lightcache as well.

But i can't get the whole thing down to 10 minutes like with the imagePlane.

Whats the difference? How does Vray handle the camera image plane?

Really curios.
    Last edited by syrez; 26-07-2013, 07:53 AM.

Hi,

It's very odd situation, i can't reproduce this on my tests with simple scene setup and activating/deactivating Image plane texture. The render time i get is faster without Image plane.
    Most probably is due to the scene geometry or render settings, so it will be helpful if we can investigate further directly on your file.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X