Converting Arnold area light to Vray area light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Arnold area light to Vray area light

Has anyone ever tried to covert Arnold area light intensities to Vray? Vray has a few options for Units for the light (lumens, watts, etc). I'm having trouble finding the right conversion.

In Arnold I have an area light with an intensity of 40000. It's "normalized". In Vray, I'm not sure what intensity multiplier or units to put in the light that would match.

Thanks
    F

If Arnold can render the light as visible, then render linear output out of it and check what pixel intensity you get over the directly visible light surface. This is the value you need to put into the V-Ray light (provided that the size of the two lights is the same).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sadly no. It can't. But maybe I can do a 100% reflective sphere and see what the value of the light is. Thanks Vlado.

Frankie

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      If Arnold can render the light as visible, then render linear output out of it and check what pixel intensity you get over the directly visible light surface. This is the value you need to put into the V-Ray light (provided that the size of the two lights is the same).

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

My first time trying Arnold I couldn't get a render. Had no idea you had to set the light intensity to around 4,000 in order to see something. I don't know why they don't set the default light settings higher.

Comment

Working...
        X