Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray curvature texture in maya (concave/convex)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Emil

Sorry about this- unfortunately it still crashes maya upon opening. I'm using 2013, snowleapord.

thanks

Comment

Hm, I tested it on maya 2014 only. Will try with 2013 as well.
      V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

I don't know if this is still relevant, but I should clarify that this plugin works on vray3 only (maya2013 including).
        Do you still need it (and are you using vray2.x)?
        Last edited by emil.kirichev; 04-02-2014, 01:46 AM.
        V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Yes i would love to try it... unfortunately i am using vray 3.0 build 24501 and it crashes upon loading from the import plugin textures dialogue

Comment

Sorry, I should have clarified how to install it.
            Well, you don't import it from the "import plugin textures dialogue", here's how to "install" (it's kind of manual, but since this is not in the official build yet...):
            1) copy AEvrayCurvatureTemplate.mel to /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/vray/scripts
            2) copy desc.txt (backup yours first) to /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/vray/shaders
            3) copy libvray_TexCurvature.so to /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/vray/vrayplugins

Now in maya, in hypershade, under utilities you should see vray_Curvature.

Let me know if that works for you.
            Last edited by emil.kirichev; 04-02-2014, 05:37 AM.
            V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Any change that you could build a version of linux?
              Jacob Børsting
              Head of Pipeline @ Ghost VFX

Comment

Certainly, will upload here as well.
                V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Originally posted by emil.kirichev View Post
                  Sorry, I should have clarified how to install it.
                  Well, you don't import it from the "import plugin textures dialogue", here's how to "install" (it's kind of manual, but since this is not in the official build yet...):
                  1) copy AEvrayCurvatureTemplate.mel to /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/vray/scripts
                  2) copy desc.txt (backup yours first) to /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/vray/shaders
                  3) copy libvray_TexCurvature.so to /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/vray/vrayplugins

Now in maya, in hypershade, under utilities you should see vray_Curvature.

Let me know if that works for you.

Could this be included and part of Vray 3.0 possibly?
                  CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Hi

Apologies for the delay!
                    I'm afraid it still crashes Maya upon opening. One thing i did notice was that in the mel descriptions in the 'desc.txt' file, the format of the VRayCurvature settings was different to the other plugins...

see below:

TexCurvature VRayCurvature {
                    "plugin_id" number "value" 201308280 INPUT
                    "classification" string "value" utility/general:swatch/VRayTextureSwatchGen INPUT
                    "subdivs" integer "subdivs" integer INPUT default:8 min:1 max:128 softMax:64
                    "sample_spread" number "sampleSpread" number INPUT default:1.0f min:0.0f max:1000.0f softMax:50.0f
                    "convex_max" number "convexMax" number INPUT default:5.0f min:0.0f max:1000.0f softMax:30.0f
                    "" texture "outColor" texture OUTPUT
                    "" texture "oc" texture OUTPUT
                    "" texture_red "outColorR" number OUTPUT
                    "" texture_green "outColorG" number OUTPUT
                    "" texture_blue "outColorB" number OUTPUT
                    "" texture_alpha "outAlpha" number OUTPUT
                    }

Comment

I guess, it will be best if we just put the thing in the installation

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I don't see what's exactly the difference with the other shading nodes.
                        Can you elaborate?
                        Also, just to be sure, you are trying to run it on a mac, maya 2013 and vray 3, right?
                        V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
                          Could this be included and part of Vray 3.0 possibly?
                          We will probably add it as some point, yes.
                          V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

I just meant that in the code, on the text file, the column which defines the data type between integer, number and texture says 201308280? and then the next line says 'utility/general:swatchgen'? seemed a little strange to me as every single other texture has either integer, number, or texture as the type. However this was just something i noticed and may have nothing to do with the crash error.

Yes that's right, mac, maya 2013, vray 3 (at least that what the nightly build seems to say)

Comment

I just meant that in the code, on the text file, the column which defines the data type between integer, number and texture says 201308280? and then the next line says 'utility/general:swatchgen'
                              That's fine, the problem is elsewhere.

Ok, I'm adding this to vray3 as other people have requested. Will test it afterwards to make sure it works everywhere.
                              This will show if your crash is related to the manual installation or something else.
                              V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

VRayTexCurvature in the next nightly.
                                V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Working...
                                X