Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray render elements and compositing

Hi,

I can't seem to find anywhere tutorials on how to composite render elements from Maya vray without GI. I rendered an image and would like to have control over separate elements.
    I know how to put together with GI, but nothing regarding without GI.

Thanks!

It should be fine to follow the same procedure while ignoring GI, are you not getting the same result as the beauty render?

Comment

Nope, not really working. I'm not getting the same image, it's more clear and a bit brighter. I also can't seem to control shadows separately.

Comment

We had a topic where compositing was discussed. Not sure if it would help your case, but if you haven't seen it yet, it might just have something useful. Here it is http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...hlight=perfect
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-04_1738.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	849877Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-04_1737.png
Views:	1
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	849878
          I took a look at the post, but unfortunately no help.
          Before I started using physical camera and properly exporting EXR I was compositing the layers in a certain way that worked. (See attached screen)
          Now it's not working, left image if what I see in VRAY and right is the comp. Maybe it has to do with the gamma being different on different elements?

Comment

Yes there is some difference but it doesn't look like a gamma-issue.
            Are you sure that all of the materials in the scene are Vray-materials ?
            Would it be possible to send us outputted Render Elements along with the Maya-scene ?
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I cant remember exact blending modes. I think if you want to use ADD you need 32 bits. If 8 then screen. In 8 bit u wont get 100% match.
              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I figured it out, It was totally the 32bit-8bit issue. Thanks!!

Comment

Hi,
                  Pay attention on pre-multiplied and unpre-multiplied Images..... I think you were having alpha problems in there....
                  PS:use Nuke for compositing much much better that after effect

Comment

Working...
                  X