Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vray 3 beta for max started .. what about maya ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 3 beta for max started .. what about maya ?

the beta for vray 3.0 for max started ..
    what about the one for maya .. is this still happening soon ?

thanks for any answer

Yes, all in due time... let this storm pass by first....

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
      Vlado
      At 1st I laugh... nice comment... and then I wondered... is more... "ba...Interesting changes" coming with maya licensing too?
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

not too happy about waiting
        but very happy to have an answer
        thx

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
          "ba...Interesting changes" coming with maya licensing too?
          Maya has always had paid render nodes, so no changes there. They will be the same render nodes as for 3ds Max.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Humh, so we don't lose Maya DBR nodes?
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I will be happy to just get 2.4.....

Comment

More information on V-Ray 3.0 for Maya beta and its licensing should be announced soon.
                In any case, it is expected to have the same principle as V-Ray 3.0 for 3dsMax meaning the User Interface and Render Nodes would be licensed separately.
                In other words, the DBR licenses used in Maya (alias V-Ray Standalone) will be upgradable to Render Nodes licenses as well.

That's a huge benefits when using both V-Ray 3.0 for 3dsMax and V-Ray 3.0 for Maya for rendering as once again the Render Nodes will be cross-platform.
                Christophe COT
                Software Developer - Chaos
                christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

I have looked at the new licensing scheme :
                  http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray3_beta.html#tab3

I use Maya, but I guess the prices will be somewhat similar between 3ds Max and Maya.

Let's say I need to buy this :
                  1 license of VRay GUI.
                  10 licenses of "Network Rendering" (from maya's render.exe) and "Distributed Rendering".

Price if I choose VRay2 : 970 euros.
                  Price if I choose VRay3 : 2550 euros (750+180*10).

(in that example I get 11 DR in VRay3, instead of 10 DR in VRay2)

And now the upgrade price, for the same "1 GUI + 10 Render" licences :
                  From VRay 1.5 to VRay 2.0 : 200 euros
                  From VRay 2.0 to VRay 3.0 : 700 euros

I'm obviously missing something, isn't it ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alainfx View Post
                    I have looked at the new licensing scheme :
                    http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray3_beta.html#tab3

I use Maya, but I guess the prices will be somewhat similar between 3ds Max and Maya.

Let's say I need to buy this :
                    1 license of VRay GUI.
                    10 licenses of "Network Rendering" (from maya's render.exe) and "Distributed Rendering".

Price if I choose VRay2 : 970 euros.
                    Price if I choose VRay3 : 2550 euros (750+180*10).

(in that example I get 11 DR in VRay3, instead of 10 DR in VRay2)

And now the upgrade price, for the same "1 GUI + 10 Render" licences :
                    From VRay 1.5 to VRay 2.0 : 200 euros
                    From VRay 2.0 to VRay 3.0 : 700 euros

Thanks.
                    "Network Rendering" (batch rendering) is not the same that "Network Rendering" from VRay 3.

Here a example :
                    - VRay 2 : 1 GUI Maya + 30 batch rendering + 1 GUI XSI + 30 batch rendering. You have to pay 60 batch rendering (Maya and XSI) + 2 gui (Maya and XSI)
                    - VRay 3 : you have to pay 30 batch rendering + 2 GUI (Maya and 3ds).

It is another philosophy.
                    www.deex.info

Comment

Indeed, it should follow the same licensing scheme

The pricing info looks correct here - there is just one point which I see missing -> the upgrade from V-Ray 1.5 to 2.0 will be available only until the release of V-Ray 3.0 (we speak here for a specific platform - in this case Maya).
                      After that, it is not anymore possible to upgrade to 2.0, only the upgrade from 1.5 to 3.0 will be available without intermediate step.

What do you believe you are missing else ?
                      Christophe COT
                      christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
                        "Network Rendering" (batch rendering) is not the same that "Network Rendering" from VRay 3.

Here a example :
                        - VRay 2 : 1 GUI Maya + 30 batch rendering + 1 GUI XSI + 30 batch rendering. You have to pay 60 batch rendering (Maya and XSI) + 2 gui (Maya and XSI)
                        - VRay 3 : you have to pay 30 batch rendering + 2 GUI (Maya and 3ds).

It is another philosophy.
                        That's a very special case, where more than one 3D software is used.
                        For companies that uses only one (this is by far the most usual), a lot of money is lost with that new scheme.
                        Last edited by alainfx; 05-09-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_ChaosGroup View Post
                          What do you believe you are missing else ?
                          I thought such a price increase would not be possible, so I was convinced I missed something.
                          Then I saw the other threads that talk about it, and discovered that I'm not the only one.

Comment

so in our Studio we bought 5 Licenses of Vray for Maya and we got 50 DR licenses, 10 per 1 GUI ... what is this means with this new license method?
                            Im just wondering since we just use Maya here not 3D max ....

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by hsz View Post
                              so in our Studio we bought 5 Licenses of Vray for Maya and we got 50 DR licenses, 10 per 1 GUI ... what is this means with this new license method?
                              Im just wondering since we just use Maya here not 3D max ....

Thank you.
                              As a very general answer, the unified licensing will be applied as well with V-Ray 3.0 for Maya meaning User (GUI) and Render Node licenses will be different.
                              From then it depends on your specific cases, for instance if we assume you want to upgrade everything, you would take 5x upgrade including 1x User + 11x Rendernode licenses.
                              If you need something different, there are different options (upgrade with less render nodes, rental of rendernodes on demand,...).

Again that's a very general answer so if you want we can look at your situation in more details once we release the licensing info of the upcoming V-Ray 3.0 for Maya.
                              Christophe COT
                              christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X