Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray camera material override

Heya

Is it possible in vraya to set up material so it behaves as it was set up with reflections and so on but it renders black. So I can render a correction for objects and have them being affected by other objects as they should and be cut out by other object geometry. I want to render correction but don't want to render entire image. - not sure if any of that will make sense to u guys
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

It doesn't make any sense for me - would it be possible to give us more detailed description of what are looking after.
    A samples scene + a few screen-shots along the description would be very helpful as well.

Thanks in advance.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Uh sorry, yea I'm terrible at explaing.

Here is screnshot :
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	851273

So basically. I want the square box to render black but reflect/refract/cast gi/etc just as it should. Basically I want it to render fast and only focus on renderign sphere - basically I'm doing a correction and I need it to be cut out by other objects as it should but I want all other reflections and so on remain as they should.

p.s. ok sorted. But I have to make override for all shaders and so on by chand, is there a way to make 1 override or I need to do it 1 by 1?

Name:	cut out.JPG
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	851274
      Last edited by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal); 22-01-2014, 06:17 AM.

Comment

It seams that you've already sorted it out. Unfortunately there is no way to use only 1 override , you have to plug the original shader into all override-shaders except the V-Ray Material override otherwise the end result won't be accurate.

Another solution could be to make the object Matte-Surface - it will be still visible in reflection / refraction / GI and etc but it won't be visible for camera-rays:

Name:	57.jpg
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	851283

In that case the color of the object won't be black but you could remove it from Alpha channel if you set Alpha Contribution = -1 and later on use that alpha channel to cut it during the compositing stage.

Name:	58.jpg
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	851284
        Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 23-01-2014, 01:10 AM.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

svetlozar_draganov - OMG ! Thats exactly what I wanted!!! Love u soo much right now xxxx

Thanks, bye.

Comment

Working...
          X