world machine Height field tiles to vray displacement = seams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world machine Height field tiles to vray displacement = seams

i am trying to get World machine Height map tiles as a displacement into maya and render with vray. I exported 16bit tiffs from WM as a 2x2 tile.

I have tried using these tiffs as a tiled displacement in maya/vray and it is working but getting bad seams.

At first i thought it may have been edge pixels on each tile being the problem so i used photoshop to join the 4 tiles into 1 and applied it to a plane with one uv tile and there was no visible seams where the tiles were joined in photoshop.

i have tried normal displacement with keep continuity checked but no difference, i tried 2d displacement and the seams seem to disapear but 3 of tiles drastically changed in height.

any clue as to what i could try to get this working?

cheers
    Arthur
    Attached Files

Hi Arthur,

We are aware of this displacement issue and are working to solve it. The way that all the values are handled between the seams nee to be improved.
    Can you try with Ptex, is it supported by this application?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vmp View Post
      any clue as to what i could try to get this working?
      Try turning off the filtering for the textures.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

World Machine doesnt support exporting to PTEX, i have tried turning off filtering but pretty much the same result. I will see if i can use mudbox to convert to PTEX.

cheers
        Arthur

Comment

Working...
        X