Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find .LENS files for physical camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find .LENS files for physical camera?

Is there a collection of .LENS files online somewhere to put into the camera distortion slot on the physical camera? I can't seem to find any.
    Lead 3D Artist - A52/Elastic

www.ianruhfass.com

Hi,

You can use our Lens Analysis Utility, which is part of the V-Ray for Maya installation package.
    Program files/Chaos group/V-ray for Maya / tools

https://confluence.chaosgroup.com/di...alysis+Utility
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Adding to Tashko's response,

there's a difference between the .lens and .vrlens file formats, which are both supported for doing camera distortions. The .lens file format is not widely available (we only have a few samples which we don't have the permissions to share). The .vrlens file format is our in-house developed format, and it is superior, since it contains focal length information and therefore can describe the distortion characteristics of zoom lenses.

As outlined, you can create .vrlens files by analyzing photographed grids using the Lens Analysis utility. Since V-Ray 3.0, the utility has been extended so it can also import .xml lens databases from Panorama Tools (PTLens), so for common camera types you don't even need to do the analysis yourself.

I've attached a .vrlens file which contains the distortion analysis of a full-frame Canon camera with the EF 17-40 f/4L lens.
      Attached Files
      Veselin Georgiev
      Developer
      Chaos Software, Ltd.

Comment

Hi, attached is a .vrlens file I made with a Nikon D800 and a AF-s 24-70mm f/2.8G ED.

/Oscar
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Racso View Post
          Hi, attached is a .vrlens file I made with a Nikon D800 and a AF-s 24-70mm f/2.8G ED.

/Oscar
          We are rendering some frames using this .vrlens file, but our nuke artist wants to to render some stuff out for us to re-render through vray, but it won't match up since vray is applying the lens distortion and nuke cannot use this .vrlens file...any ideas?
          Lead 3D Artist - A52/Elastic

www.ianruhfass.com

Comment

Any posibility the file for GoPro Hero4 Black Edition???

Comment

Originally posted by Racso View Post

/Oscar
              Cool Racso ... Im guessing this is the same as the D750 right?

Comment

That is my guess as well. The sensor size on the D750 and D800 should be the same. They only differ in MP but that should not change the optical properties.

Comment

Working...
                X