five Shader Issues with Bump maps BlendMtl and GlassMtl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• five Shader Issues with Bump maps BlendMtl and GlassMtl

So I've been working a watch and am stuck with the bump maps and some other issues. I added an image "attachment".
    So:
    1. Solved So number "1" Shows my shader with the bump map. The thing is that I wan't to give the bump map itself a different color than the shader's color itself (i.e shader color = gold, bump color = green) I tried to use the VrayBumpMtl this way
      Base Material bump color, map my bump map. After that I connected the shader color and the bumpMtl trough a blend Material. But as you can see on the image it did not work at all. Any Suggestions what I could do? To achieve the goal ?
    2. somehow the inner ring of the watch which has also a bump map casts within the bump shadows as you can see "2". I've not set "Bump shadows" to true so it shouldn't cast any am I right?
    3. Number 4 on my Image shows three different shaders but actually all the objects have the same material. So the objects shoouldn't be black-ish and beige-ish. I do not understand why Vray is rendering them different.
    4. As you can see on number 4 you do not see through even though it is a glass material... As soon as I change the opacity to 40-ish I can see through the glass but as far as I know I shouldn't have to change the opacity on glass materials at all, should I?
    5. Solved Last but not least I've got an other issue with the blend Material for the clock-face. I got a map for all the minutes symbols which have a different color than the clock-face itself. So I tried the same procedure as in point one only that I did not you a vrayBumpMtl but a second standard vrayMtl. The clock-Face is kinda brushed grey-green and the minutes-Symbols for which I use a map are black.

For comparison I added to the Attachments also an image of the watch itself

I hope you could understand the problems I tried to describe. I also didn't want to spam the maya Forum for each case. Which is why I packed it all into one.

Ok O guess I figured it out with the different color for the bump map. I just had to place the bump map on the blend amount in the blend material thats all.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dark_; 15-10-2014, 06:31 AM.

2. Do you mean canst shadows here? If not please give us a better description.
    The Bump Shadows option is not responsible for casting any shadows. This option allows reflections/transparency parameters to affect the bump-area.
    Check this thread for example: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...t=bump+shadows

3. The final color of each pixel depends on too many things: lighting setup, environment,GI,material properties,camera angle and etc.
    One and the same VrayMtl could look very different depending on those conditions. The material looks different probably because it is behind another refractive material.

4.Opacity should not be changed when using Refraction that's true. V-Ray by default uses ray-depth of 5 for reflections/refraction - which means that refraction ray will be able to pass through 4 rays and it will stop when it hits the fifth. Try to increase this parameter and make sure that affect shadows option for each refraction materials is activated. You may also consider increasing the refractive amount.

If it is possible please attach or send us the scene - it would be easier for us to investigate what's going on.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for your help!
      The material issue was pretty trivial.. I kind of embarrassed... I had to reverse the normals must have forgotten to do that at some point.
      Last edited by Dark_; 16-10-2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X