Vray 3 - Sun and Sky Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3 - Sun and Sky Issues

Hi Im trying to make a time lapse animation with the sun and Sky I want the sun to go around 3 times in period of 900 (30 frames per second animation) frames so what Im doing is animating the hours of the sun and sky from 0 to 23 at frames 0 to 300 then animating the minutes from 0 to 59 every 12 frames so 1 hour should go through every 12 frames aproox. when I see the graph editor every seems to match but when I look at the "vrayGeoSun" it doesn't correlate with what I see in GE ... and I also I see a jump in the gizmo on viewport.

Im using Win 7 - Maya 2015 Ext1 - Vray 3.05.04

Maybe Im doing wrong so I will appreciate any input please. thanks.

Can you attach/send a stripped down version of this scene (only with the sun)?
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Here you go

TL_RnD_v13.mb.zip

Thank You.

Comment

It would be much easier to animate Hour Value parameter instead animating Local Hours and Local Minute ones.
        Currently those parameters are not synchronized that's why the sun pops from place to place.
        Here is the same animation created with the help of Hour Value parameter animated 3 times from 0 to 24 for frames 0-299/300-599/600-899:
        sun_timelapse.zip
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thank you Svetlozar.
          Also what will be the best way to achieve let say that several year have past (lets 3 years) somewhat similar of what you see in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdlc_92mDjs from second 58 ... how the shadow are kinda jitter and stuff.

Comment

This video is done by merging multiple pictures taken in period of time. To achieve similar effect in your animation project you can use "by Frame" parameter to render every N-th frame of your timeline. Furthermore you will have to animate your lighting (probably your Physical V-Ray camera too) in very precise way to get this transition from uniform illumination and soft shadows to a bright sun light and strong shadows.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the input Tashko,
              Another question is it possible to animate the "Sky Model" in Vray from CIE Clear to CIE Overcast??? I tried to and it let me and when I preview with RT it works ... but when I batch render nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by hsz View Post
                Thanks for the input Tashko,
                Another question is it possible to animate the "Sky Model" in Vray from CIE Clear to CIE Overcast??? I tried to and it let me and when I preview with RT it works ... but when I batch render nothing happens.
                Hi,

It seems that the Sky model is not properly updated when render animation. I will make a note to fix it.
                Thanks for this report.

Comment

I'm looking for a workaround, but unfortunately without success so far. So we have to wait for a feedback from our developers.

Comment

The workaround should be: render separate frames in batch mode.
                    V-Ray developer

Comment

It doesn't make sense to animate the sky model, so I guess you are rendering different animation sequences. In this case rendering them into different batches should work fine.
                      V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Thank you Ivaylo, it would be nice though to get some kind of cloud and sunny days in one batch instead of rendering 2 different render layers, like combining or something like that, it can get very heavy if you a lot of GEO in the scene.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to use different environment maps for that purpose?
                          For example you could load a sequence of images into Background slot or into a DomeLight and use these images to get the atmosphere you are looking for.
                          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                          X