Rendering Multiple Frame Ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Multiple Frame Ranges

How do you render multiple frame ranges using command line batch renders? Instead of a typical start and end, I want frame ranges like this: 1-10; 15; 29; 37-40

I'm using VRay Tuner to generate a command line file to render from. I then just activate the .command file it generates. Normally this file has flags based on Maya's syntax generating frame ranges like: -s 1 e-10 . But I want the option to render multiple frames ranges and sometimes single frames to fix a few trouble areas in my renders.

I was reading this help document (http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...d+Line+Options) and the syntax goes like -frames=1-10;15;29;37-40. However, after adding this to my command file the terminal throws an error saying it's an unrecognized flag. I'm incredibly new to VRay and would greatly appreciate any help in solving this issue. I'm sure it's a simple one or I'm messing something up. I've been searching quite long and hard and am having trouble finding a solution.

Some background info: Using VRay 3.00.01 on OSX.

Try using quotes:
    Code:
    -frames="1-10;15;29;37-40"
    The semicolon is a special character on Linux/MacOS so the whole thing must be put in quotes.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

Thanks for the reply. Gave the quotes a try, but perhaps pasting the whole line will help solve this...I'm doing something wrong:
      Code:
      /Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/Render -r vray -frames=“1555-1557;1601;1670” -im "loan_shot_005a" -preRender "setAttr vraySettings.imap_currentPreset 4" -preRender "setAttr vraySettings.dmcMinSubdivs 1" -preRender "setAttr vraySettings.dmcMaxSubdivs 8" -preRender "setAttr vraySettings.dmcThreshold 0.01" -preRender "setAttr vraySettings.dmcs_adaptiveAmount 0.85" -preRender "setAttr vraySettings.dmcs_adaptiveThreshold 0.01" -threads 12 -x 1920 -y 1080 -proj "/Volumes/Groot/Projects/xxxx" "/Volumes/Groot/Projects/xxxx/yyyyy/zzzzz.ma"
      open "/Volumes/Groot/Projects/xxxxx/yyyyyy"
      growlnotify -n Maya Render -I /Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/Maya.app -m Maya Render Done!
      And receive:

Code:
      Invalid flag: -frames=“1555-1557
      /Users/michaelcheeyou/Desktop/vrayTempRenderer.command: line 3: 1601: command not found
      /Users/michaelcheeyou/Desktop/vrayTempRenderer.command: line 3: 1670”: command not found
      /Users/michaelcheeyou/Desktop/vrayTempRenderer.command: line 5: growlnotify: command not found
      logout
      I think I get the process now. I need to export a .vrscene to be able to use the standalone commands as I was calling Maya's flags instead with my script mentioned. I think I got it from here, but will need to figure out the proper way to export a .vrscene now
      Last edited by mcheeyou; 18-12-2014, 11:57 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Oh, you are using the Maya "render" command. Then it won't work I'm afraid - it only supports start, end and frame step; this is something that Maya handles, not V-Ray. The -frames command is for V-Ray Standalone.

Best regards
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X