Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION Irradiance maps preprocessing - setting up AA and other for prepass render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTION Irradiance maps preprocessing - setting up AA and other for prepass render

Hi,
    My question is can I lower the AA sampling and material sampling for processing the prepass render of the Irradiance map for animation? My Adapitve DMC Sampler is about 16 subdives and thredshold .005. Same in thredshold in DMC sapmpler. Some of my materials are up to 100-200 subdives as the AA sampling is high and there are some gloss and a lof of contrast in the picture. Bright glossy higlihts in a Dark space. So the prepass takes a while.
    Also I could read a bit more about GI settings and values. How could I check the samples density and so.
    I am fairly new to V-ray for animation...

Cheeres Sebastian

Hi,

I'm not sure if there will be any speed improvement over the Irr. map prepass calculations when you lower the AA quality with the current settings. You can run a quick region test to check this, because there are a lot of settings and combinations and most of the times there are exceptions.

Also I could read a bit more about GI settings and values.
    You check check our online documentation here:
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/pages/vie...pageId=2555977

How could I check the samples density and so.
    You can use the Irradiance map viewer (could be found under the "Tools" folder) to preview your vrmap files. Also you can see the GI samples in the VFB render, if the option "Show samples" is enabled.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

If you just want to make a render pass to compute the irradiance maps, you can turn on the "Don't render image" option in the V-Ray global settings; then your AA settings wouldn't matter at all.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thx for the answer.

Comment

Working...
        X