Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Render Nodes

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our Vray 2.4 to 3.0 Licenses, and came across these "Universal Render Nodes". I am not quite sure what they are. What I sort of understand is that they are nodes for distributed rendering, and the amount of nodes you have are the amount of computers you can use for DR. Am I correct with this? I thought that the ability to do DR was always part of Vray? So, why is it now necessary to buy nodes, or did I understand something wrong?

Could someone please bring some light into this for me?

Thanks,

Sebastien

Hi Sebastien,

Please refer to this link under the tab "Universal Render Nodes" : http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_licensing.html

What I sort of understand is that they are nodes for distributed rendering, and the amount of nodes you have are the amount of computers you can use for DR. Am I correct with this?
    This is correct + the render nodes are also for network rendering (frame-by-frame rendering for animation).

I thought that the ability to do DR was always part of Vray?
    It is still the case, V-Ray still supports DR natively.

So, why is it now necessary to buy nodes
    In most of the cases, having a separate Render Node license provides more flexibility from the end user perspective (being a freelance artist or a big VFX studios), and on the other hand this Render Node license is platform independent allowing to be shared across any V-Ray 3.0 which is why is called "universal" render nodes.

To define exactly what you need, feel free to drop us an email at sales@chaosgroup.com mentioning your current setup. We will advise you as which upgrade path is most suitable.
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X