Bercon/Voronoi and Maya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bercon/Voronoi and Maya

When creating a Bercon texture (create -> vray -> texture from plugin) with 2dplacement it seems that you can set this texture to "Maya" mode (defaults is "Max") and then the noise type to Voronoi. But I don't think I'm using it right - or it does not work. Is this supposed to work with V-Ray for Maya?

I'm not getting anything usable. Just a flat color. I'm on a recent 3.05 nightly in Maya 2015.
    Best Regards,
    Fredrik

Hello,

It's working in Maya but setting it up is quite tricky. From what I saw - the size value plays a major role in getting a good result. I have attached a scene with both 2d and 3d placement.

Best regards,
    Attached Files
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

This is crashing for me as soon as vray renders or creates a preview (Segmentation fault (core dumped)).

Is this supposed to work with maya and linux?

If so it would be great with a maya wrapper for it since we don't have the option to create worley noise in maya.
      Another solution would be if you supply the TexBerconNoise as a sample as you do with the UVWGenBercon so we can try to fix it ourselves.

Maya2015 and vray 3.00.01

Cheers,
      Simon

Comment

There was a crash with the voronoi noise type on Linux. This was fixed some time ago in the night builds and will be also ported to the stable night builds.
        If you don't have access to those, you can send an email to support@chaosgroup.com or just wait for the next service pack.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks Georgi.
          Best Regards,
          Fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.zhekov View Post
            Hello,

It's working in Maya but setting it up is quite tricky. From what I saw - the size value plays a major role in getting a good result. I have attached a scene with both 2d and 3d placement.

Best regards,
            Thanks for posting these files! I've never really been able to get to grips with using the supplied Bercon textures in Maya, they're a bit tricky to use compared to how easy they look to be in 3D Max. I'm trying to create an acrylic tortoiseshell shader, and this seems to be working well.

Comment

The reason is that we have an auto-generated generic UI (per parameter type) for V-Ray supported plugins that are not specifically V-Ray for Maya plugins... which makes them a bit tricky... but at the same time allows you to use plugins that come with V-Ray in other applications outside Maya
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X