Maya2016 Vray release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya2016 Vray release

I have two important question for ChaosGroup team. Starting from to day We can install
    Maya2016. Great, but in our pipeline there is 8 people working on Vray and 80 computers in our renderfarm.
    Question is: Can You tell please when You expected to release Vray for Maya 2016?
    Second is that Vray for Maya2016 will be for Vray version 3.xx and 2.xx ?
    Thanks for Your great support to all team.
    Cheers Olaf

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...1984-Maya-2016

I doubt we will support Maya 2016 with VRay 2. It's very old and we made a lot of changes to support Maya 2016.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Originally posted by ivaylo.ivanov View Post
      http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...1984-Maya-2016

I doubt we will support Maya 2016 with VRay 2. It's very old and we made a lot of changes to support Maya 2016.
      Can you give a more specific idea of when Vray will officially support 2016? The linked thread only says it's being worked on. I'm sure a lot of us are very excited to start using the new hypershade.

Comment

The target for the official builds is the end of May or the start of June. But we will be able to get you builds before that - hopefully as soon as next week.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for answering. It looks like for me, You guys are always waiting for clients
          "voices". I'm very appreciate.
          Now I have a small hole in our production schedule to upgrade all our company to new maya from maya2014.
          We can jump to 2015 or to 2016. Now I see that We probably will wait for Vray for 2016 and then jump.
          Cheers from Warsaw
          Olaf

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            The target for the official builds is the end of May or the start of June. But we will be able to get you builds before that - hopefully as soon as next week.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Great, thanks for the info! I would definitely be interested in a build when one is available, I have my own Vray license at home to experiment with in preparation for rolling out 2016/Vray at work.

Comment

Best regards,
              Vlado
              This sounds amazing! Will totally be up for a nightly build before end of May.

Comment

I have to ask... hehe. How can the target be so far away but yet you can have it out the door as early as next week?

Regardless, I'm running an older 3.x build which I ran in the 2016 beta which seems to work also in the final 2016 release. But we're not going to use it for production until you release a version you will bless as production worthy.
                Best Regards,
                Fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik Averpil View Post
                  I have to ask... hehe. How can the target be so far away but yet you can have it out the door as early as next week?
                  We just installed the final build a day ago, and there were (of course!) changes compared to the last beta that caused crashes. So we have to test carefully to make sure that we cover everything. Also, the release is a full service pack so there are other features that need to be finalized. Finally, there is Windows/Linux/Mac OS builds to make and test (Mac OS is always fun). I don't mind giving an early build to a few people, just in case there are things we didn't catch.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Also, the release is a full service pack so there are other features that need to be finalized.
                    Ooooh, do tell!

Just kidding!

Comment

Oh please be UDIM / Viewport support... that's killing me right now.

Cheers,
                      Olaf Blomerus

Director + VFX Artist

Twitter // www.olafblomer.us

Comment

Doesn't Maya show UDIMs in the viewport already? We added support for their format in the File node, so you should be able to use that.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

This might be common knowledge to most here, but I would love to know who I need to contact and politely ask to get access to the daily/nightly build with 2016 support (when ever this is available)?

Thanks!

Comment

You can email support@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

You can email support@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              Thanks Vlado!

Comment

Working...
                              X